Tuesday 5 June 2012

my first for my last love



Once upon a time, when you were mine and
I was yours. Once we talked, walked hand in hand,
our life a song played by love and drama.
I was Sita, and you were my Rama,
that myth like all myths, now ancient of days.
My life ended like in those tragic plays.
Dreaming in the darkness of my lonely
soul, mine a softer beat to you. Only
in the deepest mem’ry of my heart, and
within the shelter of my unclean hands,
you rest, and together we stay. But now
the truth is hidden non. When I ask how
you choose me go. Beyond these worldly bounds,
to seek treasures others have not yet found.
My voice an echo, with no reply, for
you left long ago, you flew my nest, your
own desire waiting for you to lie down,
put your head upon her hair. Kiss her crown.
Now for my time to fly away, to slip
from here into destinies hands. My lips
whisper my heart’s deathly wishes. Night brings
me what pain I long to leave behind. Sings
the bird, his morning song, so I despise
this world, my departure that it denies.
Sweet morn’ for some but for me it brings hate,
how long must I hold on ’til my poor fate,
does bring me the joy I have long desir’d?
My heart’s misfortune so long admir-ed,
that bitter wine that flows from others’ pain,
’til I myself may feel that warmth. It stains
the soft linen wrapped gently around my
limbs, the salt tears fall from my half-closed eyes.
How hard it is to say good-bye, to wave
a hand at this forsaken world, and save
my last breath for my last love. And blow thee
a kiss, do not deny that love for me,
that you once held in the chas-m of your
heart. Tell me this, did you love me before?

No comments:

Post a Comment